Thursday, May 21, 2009

What Megan Did

Morning...typical for a school day. The kids were busy gathering their things for the day. I usually do Megan's hair and was grateful for a little extra time to make her hair look cute.

Megan opted for the two ponytail look and I was eager to please. Her hair this morning look like she got in a fight with a windmill so I proceeded to gently brush out the tangles. Megan of course complained that I was pulling her hair.

Well, as I was brushing out her hair I came across something foreign and pink wadded and engulfed by blond tresses.

SILLY PUTTY!!!

Yep...last night Megan was playing with silly putty. Trying not to sound alarmed and wondering where the scissors were I asked..."Megan,...how did silly putty end up in your hair?"
Megan said, "Last night at church I was stretching it out to make it into a jump rope".

Huh.

I got the silly putty out of the hair (a few tears where shed by daughter). Megan went off to school with her chosen hair style and I made her promise to never ever, use silly putty as a jump rope again.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I found playdough in elodie's hair this morning...but I think silly putty would hurt more!!

Aaron & Nancy said...

My kids LOVE silly putty, but it drives me crazy. I've banned it from our house several times, but somehow it always seems to find its way back! In the hair would not be fun!