Thursday, May 14, 2009

Pie


I spent all day outside and unfortunately got a little sunburned. So, I decided to help myself feel better by making a strawberry pie. ...
The berries were perfect! I enjoyed getting my fingers stained while I hulled and sliced the red juicy fruit. I was careful to add extra berries to compensate for the ones that fell into my mouth.....

The pie crust was perfect too! My pie crust always turns out well. I find it real easy to open the cute red box with the dough boy on the front and unroll perfection every time!.....

So...after making and eating a fine meal of grilled pork chops, watermelon and corn...I ate TWO slices of sweet strawberry pie...I was about ready to go for a third when I realized it wasn't the juicy berries or sugary goo that tickled my taste buds...it was the crust! ....

To stop myself from eating a third slice of pie...I ate a piece of chocolate instead.

2 comments:

Aaron & Nancy said...

This picture looks good enough to eat! I'm jealous. I don't ever make strawberry pie, but maybe I should.

Ann said...

LOL. I laughed out loud when you talked about your perfect crust. :)

Sounds delicious!