Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Thoughts - May 3rd.

An excerpt from my travel journal I keep in my purse....

This morning the sun was shinning through my bedroom window. A promise that the day would be a wonderful Sabbath Day.

Today is stake conference and we have had the privilege of hearing from our beloved prophet Thomas S. Monson. I listened intently to the messages delivered and my favorite is this...

We learn to love and sacrifice in our own families and that impact of love will enhance and influence the lives of our family members for GENERATIONS to come.

So, like the sun shinning in my window, its beams of light reaching to the farthest corner...I must teach and exemplify love for my family so IT can reach farther than I can ever imagine.

1 comment:

Bronwen said...

As a first generation member of this wonderful church, I feel this almost on a daily basis. I AM the Gospel to my children, my parents, my siblings. And to all the generations that will follow - I am the pioneer that joined the church and followed the Prophet where He directed me to go. Thank you for reminding me that Heavenly Father knows...and sees my struggles along the way.