Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pickles...


Pickles. Not the most exciting topic to discuss, but when you add children to the mix you get more than just a sweet pickle., you get a sweet story.
We were eating dinner at the table and the kids were busy crunching on some dill pickles. I thought I would impress them with my mom knowledge and said; "hey, did you know pickles are made from cucumbers?" Hunter looked at me and said "A cucumber is a cucumber and a pickle is a pickle."
"It's not a cucumber?" I asked simply. "Then how do we get pickles?"
Hunter answered like I should have known better..."From THE pickle tree."
"A pickle tree?" I asked quietly, trying not to smirk...
"Yeah, pickles grow on trees."...okay...so Hunter's answer was priceless...but this pickle story gets a little better...
I catch my husband's eye and he winks at me and asks, "Hunter...how does a farmer farm pickles?"
Hunter placed his little chin in his hand and thinks a moment..."That's easy, the farmer walks down each pickle row and puts jars around the best pickles. The farm then picks the jars, and pickle trucks take them to the store."

1 comment:

Ann said...

LOL :) Wow, that's a very imaginative little guy :) Puts jars around the pickles...priceless :)