Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What I'm doing...

School officially started yesterday. I now have three kids. We have an exchange student from Germany for the school year.

Last night I spent 2 hours with Patrick helping him with his English homework. The language barrier was difficult at times...but thankfully the boy is bright and catches on quickly.

The advantage I can see from this situation...I'm brushing up on my English Lit...skills. It is so true...you never really forget! Ask me what metephor, hyperbole, simile and alliteration mean.

I have enjoyed two days of hot humid walking weather with L...and going through and cleaning up those dark hidden places in my house.

Today...scrapbook room. I might be brave and take a before picture...

4 comments:

Keriann said...

What do metephor, hyperbole, simile and alliteration mean? I just could not resist asking since you said to ask. I do not know if I do remember what all of those mean. Maybe I need to brush up on my English.

Side Note: Totally excited for camp, and being able to work with you a little! You are going to be an awesome Stake Assistant Camp Director.

brittani c. said...

I am alone with a baby until the end of September. I think you and Finn need to meet. :)
What a busy mom you are...3 kids now?!?!?

Aaron & Nancy said...

Justin is now begging us to have an exchange student..."everyone else has one!" It's not a good time for us right now. I think we have our hands full with our six! Sounds like you are going to be busy! Good luck cleaning and organizing.

Ann said...

You are very adventurous, and I am amazed! Your exchange student looks like a nice boy.