Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's December Already!

I can't believe another few months has passed since I last blogged. I feel guilty for not getting my thoughts written down. I feel guilty for not reading my friends blogs too! I'm so sorry everyone...

But, it is the end of the year and that means it's time for me to reflect on what has come and gone....

Hunter is in the 4th grade this year. He has a love/hate relationship with school. He hates to go to school and loves to stay home! Hunter is now a blue belt in Kenpo Karate. He loves the class because now he gets to use weapons. I wish we were aloud to video tape Hunter during class. His expressions are priceless. The grin from ear to ear is so Hunter...I know what he's thinking when he's making karate moves..."It's so Jedi!"

Megan, my darling girl is a 3rd grader this year. She loves going to school because she gets to see all of her friends. Megan loves her teacher Miss Burkholder...and especially her art teacher. Megan was approached by her art teacher to take a special art class in an after school program. Unfortuneately we had to pass on the chance as it conflicted with Megan's gymnastics class. Megan loves gymnastics...she loves learning how to tumble and flip and looks forward to the day when she can take the back handspring class. She says the hardest part of gymnastics is the uneven bars.

Patrick...yep...he's our German son....as Hunter would say..."what's up brother from another mother"...Patrick is still our exchange student and we absolutely love him! We can't believe how lucky we are to have such a great kid in our house. He has been so good with Hunter and Megan...he teases the kids just like a real big brother would!

I was reluctant in the beginning to host another exchange student...we have had 3 students before Hunter and Megan came along...it was very difficult for us...actually...for me to share my home with strangers. My expectations must have been too high. I truly believe that having my own children has softened my attitude and my expectations more realistic. It also helps that Patrick is such a good kid. I don't think we'll host after him. It wouldn't be fair to the other student...we would always be saying "Patrick did this and Patrick did that".

This year I started running...thanks to Lyndsie (who is totally awesome!). I ran my first 5k with Nancy on October 31st...and ran another 5k on Thanksgiving morning. I'm slower than molasses frozen in January...but I still have fun. I would like to better my time and actually purchased a couple of running books to give me some hints. I have a goal to run the annual Delta Chicken Festival 5K in July...I hope to win my age division!

Kim is loving his work as an insurance agent for Banker's Life. He loves helping his clients and he has earned many rewards for his hard work. We recently took a trip to Jamaica because of his work. I loved it! The people are so friendly and we did some much needed R&R. Kim is in the running to win a new 42 inch flat screen tv...as if we need another one!

4 comments:

Ann said...

sounds like things have been good! :) Congrats on the running! I remember being so awed the day I finally realized that speed really wasn't so much of a factor. But it sounds like you're doing great!

Faith Penningtons said...

I think that's awesome that you ran the 5k. I was wondering where you've been, you haven't blogged in a really long time.Why don't they allow you to video tape at Karate?

Michelle said...

Sounds like you are doing great! Have a wonderful holiday season ;)

The Haley Family said...

I want my boys to do karate...but they don't have it hear. I haven't been very good about reading other blogs either, I'm sorry! That is awesome that you are running...I am starting again!

Hey...if Kim wants to ditch the t.v....we are still using the old school 27" tube t.v....so sad for Matt.