Monday, January 30, 2012

All Store Brands are not Created Equal!

Okay here's the deal.  I like to pinch a penny when I can.

Pillsbury makes the best quality canned rolls out there. I love the ease of popping open a can of rolls and enjoying the flaky goodness, and the can is about $2 here.  (Expensive for 8 little rolls!)  So, for about fifty - sixty cents less I can buy the store brand and save some pennies.  BUT, not all store brands are created equal.
Recently I've started making homemade pizza rolls with them.  (see previous post here... Homemade Pizza Rolls )

Walmart makes canned crescent rolls that are most like the national brand!  It stretches nicely and has a smooth texture, which makes pizza roll making a breeze.    






Kroger also makes a canned crescent roll and I found the dough to be grainy and not pliable enough to stretch around fillings for a pretty looking pizza roll.  This is a fail in my book.  Kroger is cheaper, but the quality is too.  

1 comment:

Aaron & Nancy said...

I agree on this one...Pillsbury is the way to go!